cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID - BS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a newly installed XI system. First one is IDoc-File scenario.

My questions are,

Business System for Integration Server needs to be imported to ID? How this will be used in the scenario?

Business System for R/3 needs to be imported to ID? If yes, do I need to create TS & BS for R/3? How this will be used in the scenario?

These need to be imported/refreshed in IR?

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Business System for Integration Server needs to be imported to ID? How this will be used in the scenario?</i>

Once you create Business System in the SLD, you need to import that into Configuration Scenario, in the Integration Directory. First Create Configuration Scenario and then go to Business System and right click will take you into Assign Business system. Like this you can add Business System into your configuration Scenario.

<i>Business System for R/3 needs to be imported to ID? If yes, do I need to create TS & BS for R/3? How this will be used in the scenario?</i>

Yes, you need to Assign the Business System created in the SLD for the R/3 system.

You can create either Business System or Business Service.

If you create Business System( created in the SLD) then you need to assign it in the Directory.

If you want to create Business Service, then go ahead and create the same in the Directory. It is created in the Directory and it doesnot have SLD entry.

Business System is wrt to logical system. It represents technical system -indirectly represents physical system.

Business Service is a Abstarct entity.

Either Business System or Business Service is sufficent in your case.

In order to create Business System in SLD, you need to create Technical System first.

If you are creating Business Service, then you need to enter the <b>Adapter Specific properties</b> for the same. This is Business Service->Service->Adapter Specific Identifiers.

(Represents R/3 Details)

In your case , you can go for Business System ( created in SLD for Technical System). Then assign that into your configuration scenario.

For Receiver you can go with either same business system or you can create new business service/system

For more info-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/42/c817d9d2296bb2e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

TS for R/3 will be of Type: Web AS ABAP?

BS for R/3 which will be imported to ID needs to be configured? or just import?

Third-party BS, I am using for configuration, is this fine?

Regards,

Sree

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

>>>>><i>TS for R/3 will be of Type: Web AS ABAP?</i>

Yes

>>>>><i>BS for R/3 which will be imported to ID needs to be configured? or just import?</i>

Need to be imported and assigned to your scenario.

>>>>>><i>Third-party BS, I am using for configuration, is this fine?</i>

If you are using Business Service, you need to define that in your scenarios under the tab"Business Service"

If you are using Business System, You need to import from the SLD and assign it to your scenario.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I didn't create any Scenario, is it required to create?

I am using directly Business System. If I import both the BS (R/3 & Third Party) to Business System, is that fine?

Regards,

Sree

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>If I import both the BS (R/3 & Third Party) to Business System, is that fine?

that's all you need

Regards,

michal

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

>>>>><i>I didn't create any Scenario, is it required to create?</i>

Yes. The Scenario is like a place holder for all your config objects.

>>>>> <i>am using directly Business System. If I import both the BS (R/3 & Third Party) to Business System, is that fine?</i>

You have import your BS both for R/3 and Third Party and add it to your Scenario.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree -

In addition, you'll need to create a 3rd party TS and BS for your file system and "import" (don't know if that's the right word) or assign it to your scenario in ID.

>>><i>These need to be imported/refreshed in IR?</i>

Landscape relevant information (e.g. BS) is not relevant for the IR. As far as SLD objects, IR mainly deals with SWCs.

Regards,

Jin

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>>Business System for Integration Server needs to be imported to ID? How this will be used in the scenario?

no need to import it for your scenario

>>>>Business System for R/3 needs to be imported to ID? If yes, do I need to create TS & BS for R/3? How this will be used in the scenario?

yes you need TS and BS system for your R3 in SLD

and BS in ID

this will act as sender in your case in your scenario in ID

Regards,

michal

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BTW

you can also add BS system (third party ssytem)

for the file or you can simply use business Service in ID

(for the file)

Regards,

michal