cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making JARs available by modifying CLASSPATH & not deploying as SDA library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to make JARs available by modifying just the CLASSPATH without having to deploy as an SDA library? I basically do not want to write scripts to create an SDA but distribute the JARs to the customer so they can put it in a folder and hopefully change their classpath to point to it. Let me know if this can be done. It might be complicated to ask the customers to build an SDA from the JARS, and we do not want to distribute them as an SDA as part of our application install CD, because it is duplication. We definetely have to include them as JARs for non-SAP customers. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks,

Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

angel_dichev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, all of the jars are deployed to the Data Base,

after restart of the server, all new deployments are synked from the DB to the local instances file systems.

If you modify the life localy itshall be replaced with the original one from the BD at the next time you reboot your server.

You have to re-deploy the external jar every time you need to change it

Regards, Angel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Angel.

So, can JAR files be deployed as just JARs without any xml descriptors or SDA archives? If we distribute just the JAR files will the customer be able to deploy them easily without much work?

Answers (0)