Did you mean: 

Supply function used

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi ,

i have to fields as following:

Nomination Key: ____________

I want to fill the location F4 value help based on the value in Nomination Key.

Is it possible to use Supply Function? if not what I should do?

Best regard.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

You can achieve this using OVS.

I dont think you can use Supply function here, as both the fields reside on the same screen.

Not only that Supply function will be called before WDDOINIT while displaying the view.

So there wont be any value in the Nomination Key at all.

Not only that after you enter something like 'XXXX' in the nomination key, then if you press F4 on the second IPF then it wont trigger the supply function.

So, better use OVS and it is advisable too.

For clarity in Hook methods and the sequence of calls which Webdynpro Runtime uses, Please follow Phase Model of the Webdynpro.

Hope informtation is useful..

Regards,

Shashikanth. D

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can use OVS to do this, but you don't even have to code that much. You can use normal data dictionary search helps. You can use field mappings into the search help parameters. From the online help:

If an input help structure is stored in a field in the ABAP Dictionary, and if you want to use the field mapping of search help parameters stored in the ABAP Dictionary as the field name for the structure for your Web Dynpro input help, then map your context nodes to this structure. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

If the context node is not mapped to the structure, the data element's input help can be used if there is one.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ali98ics
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ali,

Create two different nodes for these fields ( Nomination key & Location ) and fill using the supply function.You cannot use single node to fill the fields.

Regards,

Sravanthi

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

In this case you can use OVS. Refer to this [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9502] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];, it will give a basic idea about OVS.

Regards

Arjun