Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEV XI TO QAX XI USING SOAP ADAPTER

santhosh_sontha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I need to create one sample scenario for communication between two 2 XI system i.e development(DEV) XI to Quality(QAS) XI system.

so for this i created 2 fields in DEV XI like salesorder, Description. Now i need to pass this message to QAS XI using SOAP adapter. So in my scenario DEV XI will be the client & QAS XI will be the server.

So please explain me the steps to complete this scenario..

Thanks in advance,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the QAS system, create a message type and interface with required structures (two fields). Go to ID of QAS and expose the interface as webservice and generate its corresponding wsdl. Save the wsdl and import it in Dev XI under external definition. Once imported, you may configure receiver SOAP channel in Dev XI with the URL specified in the address tag of the wsdl file.

The scenario will work this way. Sender will send message to Dev XI using any adapter. Dev XI will call the webservice of QAS and in turn will call the QAS system. Some mapping could be perfromed in both the systems and finally could be routed to receiver.

Regards,

Prateek

santhosh_sontha2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

First of all thanks for making me to unsderstad the scenario.

Also, as u told i created the message interface in QAS & generated WSDL file for that & upload in DVE as external definition. Also I configured receiver soap cc in the following way,

In receiver communication channel there are two parameters

1>Target URL :- This I will get from WSDL file from the tag: location(In my case tag location contains "location="http://e-dhq-qa03.sec.se.com.sa:50000/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?"

2>SOAP action : This i ll get from WSDL file from the tag:soapAction(in my case tag soapaction contains "soapAction="http://sap.com/xi/WebService/soap1.1".

I configured these parameters accordingly. So please confirm it whether it is correct or not? Please let me know what you mean my soap action??

Also, you replied like,

Go to ID of QAS and expose the interface as webservice and generate its corresponding wsdl.

So here how can I expose the interface as webservice. If we create wsdl for the interface then atomatically it will be exposed or some configuration needs to done?? Please through some light on this

Regards,

Santhosh

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1> Your target url is correct. The complete URL in location tag.

2> Action refers to the exact operation to be performed by the webservice call. The entry you see in soapAction tag in wsdl must be used in the Action parameter in communication channel. Use this

http://sap.com/xi/WebService/soap1.1

If we create wsdl for the interface then atomatically it will be exposed or some configuration needs to done??

No additional configuration is required. Creating wsdl means that interface is exposed as webservice.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)