Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSI authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is procedure to restrict MCSI according to sales area. what is the authorization object for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel,

Use the combination of these objects:

M_IS_SPART LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Division

M_IS_VKBUR LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Sales Office

M_IS_VKORG LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Sales Organization

M_IS_VTWEG LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Distribution Channel

M_IS_WERKS LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Plant

Regards,

Subbu

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

goto SU24 and check authorization object required for this.

For each required auth. object, select display access to restrict it

0 Kudos

Hi Imran

thanks for your reply. My requirement is that I want to restrict the display according to sales employee. A sales employee should see his own sales area and sales organization and not others. Is there a way in controlling this access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is almost same as restricting somebody to same plant or same operating company.

The Sales area or sales Organization can be org levels here ...and you have a role for individual sales area or indivisual divisions whatever your requirement is. and then you give that specific role to users of that sales area and not give it to the other users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adeel,

Use the combination of these objects:

M_IS_SPART LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Division

M_IS_VKBUR LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Sales Office

M_IS_VKORG LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Sales Organization

M_IS_VTWEG LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Distribution Channel

M_IS_WERKS LIS Standard Analysis: Info Structure / Plant

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi Subramanyam,

Thanks for you input.. I have assign these objects but no success... What are the activity level do i need to maintain in this or there is any other way out there.

Regards

0 Kudos

MCSI tcode is basically and information system tcode to display data from the sales infostructures,

Here you can rstrict the sales area wise authorizations, but there wont be any restrictions on activity. Ultimately it is meant for display and analyses only.

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

you are right .. I've ask help from SAP for that thing.. and they said it can be implement by user_exit.

Thanks for your replies.. it was very helpful for understanding.

0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

SAP asked to write a user exit script in this. But what I want to ask you is there a way where we can create our own authorization object on activity (sales employee) and mark an authorization check on this.