cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to SAP R3 Using IDOCs

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could successfully send IDOC to SAP R3 using IDOC using the data I retrieved from Oracle. I am trying to set up error handling. I am thinking of IDOC Acknolwedgements. I would like to get the ALEAUD message at XI and process this message. I did the necessary set up on the SAP R3 side to send ALEAUD messages to XI. But XI seems to be not receiving.

Do i have to set up a communication channel on XI side to recieve the ALEAUD messsage?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Do i have to set up a communication channel on XI side to recieve the ALEAUD messsage?

no you never need sender idoc channel

for sending idocs from R3 to the XI

(nor any sender agreement)

can you see anything in TCODE SM58 on the r3 side?

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sending IDOC from XI to R3. Sender JDBC Adapter - XI - IDOC to SAP R3. R3 is getting the IDOC and everything looks good. IDOC goes to green status in we05. I would like to do get ALEAUD to XI to process errors.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know, you want to send idoc aleaud from r3 to the xi right?

so you don't need any communication channel

just a standard idoc configuration

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then i am not seeing any acknowledgement coming back to XI. I checked transaction IDX5.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you cannot see anything arriving in XI, you first need to make sure that on the R/3 side everything is fine. So please follow this steps on R/3:

If all your IDoc confic in WE20, WE21 is ok, you have to check in SM58 of R/3 for any errors in the RFC communication with XI?

Also check your RFC Destination from R/3 to XI in SM59.

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike

SM58 is not showing any thing. I jsut scheduled the background job JOB_AUDIT_SEND with Job Frequency Hourly in SM36. It still the same.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but did the aleaud got generated or not ?

(in the R3)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I did not see it in we05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is working now. I see the ALEAUD in we05 of SAP R3. I think there is some delay. Thanks for your help. I will close this one awarding points to you. I will come back with another question how to inspect the ALEAUD on XI side.

Regards

Mike

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

check "THE ALE AUDIT" section in this document:

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/channels/applications/feature/archive/kasturi.jhtml

to see how to configure aleaud

Regards,

michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/01/20/configuration-tips-for-a-business-serviceintegration-process-to-send-back-ale-audit-idoc

refer to the blog by sara for achieving the same.

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I would also suggest you to refer to this How-to-guide on <a href="http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000071155&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_OBJECT=011000358700003477212005E">How to handle acknowledgements for IDoc</a> and make you have all the config correctly defined.

Rgds,

Sam Raju