Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with navigational attribute in SAP APO

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I added a navigational attibute to one of the characteristics. The characteristic is also a field in a BW data source. The navigational attribute is showing up in transactions such as /sapapo/mc62 ( create / display CVC's ) but not in interactive planning book (/n/sapapo/sdp94) in the selection screen .

Iam not able to figure out what the problem could be. Kindly help me with the same

Thanks

Saradha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate the Planning Object Structure again without deactivating it and check, try it in the test system.

Regards,

Rajesh

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajesh ,

I did reactivate (not deactivate , reactivate) the MPOS . That did not work

Thanks

Aparna

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I was able to figure out the problem. Actually in the planning book the navigational attribute has to be included in the selection ( that is from the list on the right hand side we need to drag and drop it to the left side).

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.

Aparna

0 Kudos

We have to perform both the two steps :

1) Activate POS ( MASDP_ADMIN)

2) In Planningbook we have to transfer NAV IO to right side (SDP8B)

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"not in interactive planning book (/n/sapapo/sdp94) in the selection screen"

What did you mean by this? Can you explain more?

While creating your selection id in SDP94, can you see the navigation attribute in the list of characteristics?

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is mean is in the interactive planning book i dont see the navig attribute in the list of characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saradha,

I guess something is missing in your configuration. If you set an navigational attribute it will not be available while creating char combs(/SAPAPO/MC62). Only the characteristics are displayed when you try to create the char combs. ( In fact one of the reasons for using nav attribute is to reduce master data maintenance).

In Interactive Planning, when you go to the 'selection window', (shuffler/flower icon), the navigational attributes will be available for selection but the description will be CHAR_NAV ATTRIBUTE.

Kindly let us know how you selected your navigational attribute? You need to go to RSA1 and change your characteristic (info object) and 'switch on' the navigational attribute in the 'attribute' tab.

regards,

Srinidhi

Edited by: Srinidhi Acharya on Feb 2, 2009 5:27 AM

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinidhi ,

I have changed the characteristic and added this attribute and switched on the naviagtional attribute parameter (dis / nav - i selected "NAV") . I still do not see it in the MPOS .

thanks

Aparna