cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle upgrade - 9i RAC to 10g RAC - Solaris

0 Kudos

Hi All

Presently I have a SAP 4.6C on Oracle 9i with RAC. The operating system is Solaris 9. The target release is 10.2.0.4.

I am looking for a help on preparatory steps, tips and tricks, procedure to execute RAC upgrade specifict to Solaris. I am aware and done on linux. Also non-RAC upgrade information is not what I am looking for.

Regards

PNR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I beleive you are trying to upgrade Oracle version from 9i to 10g. We had recently done the same. I would suggest you check out teh Oracle upgrade guides at http://service.sap,.com/instguides -> Other Documentation -> Database Upgrades -> Oracle. Check out teh guide for your version. Would be glad to help further if required and if could.

Lokesh

0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh

Yes, I am upgrading oracle 9i to 10g but my 9i database is currently running on RAC. So the upgrade will be Oracle 9i with RAC to Oracle 10g with RAC. That means I also have ugrade ORACLE RAC.

Hope this is clear

Regards

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have a very interesting paper written by SUN (10gRAC for SAP on SUN):

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0820f18-7ed6-2910-1d81-9c592935...

look into this paper and come back if you have questions

regards

Abdel

0 Kudos

Hi Abdel,

I have gone thru the document before posting this thread.

What I am looking specifically is about upgrading ORACLE 9i RAC to 10g RAC including thing to be done at the OS level. I am looking feedback of guys who has done hands-on.

The document you refered is Installing the Oracle 10g RAC.

Regards

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, I know the document I pointed you to is describing 10gRAC installation, but within this document you will find a lot of information like OS requirements for 10gRAC installation.

Give me you email address through and I will pass you some information about the way to go from 9iRAC to 10gRAC

regards

Abdel

0 Kudos

Hi Abdel,

you can reach me panyam.nagaraj at gmail.

Thanks and regards

PNR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PNR

did you get my message I sent you yesterday?

Abdel