cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I am having a scenario related to STO. I want to know how to map the following in sap.

There is one factory X and it has two depo's A and B.

1. Factory to Depot scenario:

In first case factory X is supplying plant and depot A is receiving plant.So i have assigned the vendor code X in Customer code A ( Control data -vendor).

That is working fine.

2.Depot to Depot scenario:

In this case Depot B is supplying plant and depot A is receiving plant. So i have to assign the vendor code B in Customer code A.

But in ( Control data -vendor) field, i am able to give only one value. How can i map this one. I don't to change manually every time the case arrives.

Thanks in advance,

CS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess, you have taken this CUstomer / Vendor in another way-

Eg: Factory - X, Dept- A

When goods transferring from Factory to Depot-

then Dept will raise STO mentioning Factory-X is Supplying Plant.

In this case Master Data should be created as,

Factory- X is a vendor in Dept- A 's comp code & Purchase area.

Dept- A is a Customer in Factory- X's comp code & sales area.

• If both comp code is same, no issue- you can create in resp.Purchase area (vendor) & Sales area(Customer).

Maintain this Customer number in Dept- A 's plant details ( which informs system, that this dept-A's Customer)

similarly when u create Vendor - enter supplying plant - Purchasing data- XK01, which informs system, that this vendor Factory- X is a Supplying Plant)

Enter sales area, who issues pro-forma invoice - obiviously its Factory- X who will raise invoice-

if you are not clear- Plz revert.

NOTE: Assigning Vendor Code in Customer Master, indicates that this Customer exists as "Vendor" also & identified with that code in Vendor Field.

eg: In some cases, Vendors do subcontracting/ jobwork & at the same time they Purchase from the Factory.

in first case, that party is treated as Vendor , where as in other case, he is a CUstomer.

so we create Two master data such as Customer as well as Vendor for same party.

To identify , this kind of Parties, we use this Customer field in Vendor Master n viceversa.

if you maintain , Vendor in Customer Master- again u dont need to maintain this Customer in Vendor Master.

same customer, u can see in Vendor Master - if you perform any of the above step.