cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty target message in 1 to n transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using a ccBPM to handle a 1:n message scenario. I believe I have done everything right:

<li>I have created a message mapping where target message has an occurrence of u201C0..undboundedu201D. When I test the message mapping it works 100% and produces multiple messages.</li>

<li>I have created an interface mapping where the target interface also has an occurrence of u201C0..unboundedu201D. I have tested it and it also works 100%.</li>

<li>In my ccBPM I have two container elements, one representing the source message and a second container that has the correct abstract interface and which is marked as a multiline container.</li>

However, if the message is processed in the ccBPM, I can see in the workflow log that the target message is empty in the transformation step.

Can anyone tell me what I could have done wrong or how I can debug it further to tell what the source of the problem is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

I found out what the problem was. When one tests the mapping in the graphical mapping tool, you will notice that SAP automatically puts your message inside two tags: <messages><message1></message1></messages>. These tags make sense of course, but the problem was that I put my message inside these tags manually before sending it to the transform. The result was that my message that had already contained the message tags was put inside yet another set of message tags. That is why my transform did not work.

I hope this will help you solve your problem if you encounter a problem similar to mine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

your interface mapping should be between the abstract msg interfaces of both source and target msg...

from the SXMB_MONI incoming msg payload, test your interface mapping to see if target msgs with data are created or not.......if target msgs are created, then go to SXI_CACHE transaction and do a complete cache refresh..........then reexecute your scenario.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Thanks for your reply. I have done what you have said and unfortunately it did not solve the problem.

Regards

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check both the steps(Receive and transform) have using the same abstract interface one of them is multiline.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas

Yes I have checked that and it is correct.

Regards

Philip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the message in SXMB_MONI_BPE..and test the mapping in IR using test tab.

Regards,

Sreenivas.