cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Line Category for MTS material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on the MTS (make to stock) scenario. The MRP type being used is VM - Automatic reorder point planning" as the client wants the system to calculate the reorder point dependng upon the consumption.

I have used MP30 to calculate the reorder point. As far as the sales order is concerned, when I enter the MTS material & check the schedule line category determined is "CV - consumption MRP".

I check ed in VOV6 & CV is not relevant for Transfer of requirement & Availability check. I changed CV to CP & now the system is carrying out the availability check & transfer of requirement.

Have I done the right thing, will the system record the consumption of the particular material? In the material master I have used W in the period indicator & used forecast type as "G".

Is the shcedule line CP correct ot wormg.? Please also explain me what is the use of schedule line "CV".

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Niyaz Sayyed

The schedule line categories BV and CV are Consumption based MRP and controlled in the same manner as the categories BN and CN. However, requirements can be passed on for analysis purposes.

For more information on this, check this help link

[Consumption-Based Planning |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d255644af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

So is the schedule line category CP correct or should I change it to CV?

Will CP effect the consumption calculation in MP30?

With best regards,

Niyaz Sayyed