cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUNI Decimal place - error message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Is there any way we can display an error message if a user enters more than the allowed decimal place per unit.

In CUNI we can control the display of decimals or the rounding of the decimals. Eventhough this is done the system still allows decimal places more than what is stipulated for that unit in CUNI.

But, the requirement is that the system should not allow the user to enter decimal places more than the allowed decimal place setings in CUNI. The system should display an error message.

Please let me know if this can be done per unit.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Badrinath

Till I red this thread, I was confident that the decimals to quantity cannot be changed irrespective of settings in CUNI, I was wondering whether this is possible.

To confirm this, I had changed my settings in CUNI and created a material with more decimals but system is not accepting. So can you please let me know what unit of measurement you are maintaining so that I will reconfirm whether my understanding is correct or not

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Please find my explanation below:

Scenario - 1

-CUNI - BTL (Bottel) - No.Decimal place display (T006-DECAN) = "0"

-Material - ABC - Base UoM = BTL and Sales Unit = BTL.

-When a user creates a sales order for the third party process the system allows decimal places in quantity field (e.g.) = 1.50 BTL

->The system should not allow the above process.

Scenario - 2

-CUNI - SH (Sheets) - No.Decimal place display (T006-DECAN) = "1"

-Material - XYZ - Base UoM = SH and Sales Unit = SH

-When a user creates a sales order for the third party process the system allows decimal places in quantity field (e.g.) = 1.5 SH

-> The system should not restrict the above process.

Is there any way this can be achieved per unit of measure? If we restrict the decimal notation per user, there would be no flexiablity in the useage of units per user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For you scenario, can you check if the rounding profile works, which exists on Material Master - Sales Org1 view

Thanks