cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of deleting 'Prod Cat' from extended attributes on the SC approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one question regarding 'Product Categories' in extended attributes.

We have defined 'Product Categories' as extended attributes at the company level.

The users are able to create SC with the Product Categories which are assigned as Ext attributes of the company.

We wanted to remove one product category from the extended attributes of the company, because we did not want the users to create SC for that product category anymore.

However, the users had already created SC using that Product category and the SC are in approval process.

I want to know that if we remove that product category from the extended attributes, will it affect the existing SC (under approval process) which were created using that product category.

Will there be a problem in SC approval & SRM PO creation, if that product category is removed.

Please help.

Regards,

Ruchika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206968
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Once the SC is created and went for approval, I think it shouldn't affect, if you remove that product category for user from the attributes. Those attributes are primarily meant for user authorisation for shopping.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sanjeev,

But I want to be 100% sure on this.

Regards,

Ruchika

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchika,

As written by Sanjeev, i don't think it will impact flow process for SC or PO.

But, to be sure, make some tests on your development environment:

- create a SC with Product Category to test,

- delete this Product Category from tab "Extended attributes",

- approve/reject the SC,

- when SC approval WF is over, try with a Purchaser from Purchasing Group having responsability for this Product Category to modify PO (if authorized by user profil or customizing),

- order the PO,

- approve/refuse the PO,

- make modifications on PO approved (if authorized by user profil or customizing).

Nevetheless, in case of SC rejection, check if SC creator can delete the SC: maybe not due to Product Category deletion.

Regards.

Laurent.