Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Automatic Starting of CCMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have CCMS agent running in my System

I want to set up the agent in a way that it is automatically started, when i start the System

The System is a AIX 5.3 and it is running Solution Manager

the command i am using to start the agent is

sapccmsr u2013R pf=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS<System no>

If i need to add this command in INITTAB, how do i specify it, because if i execute the comand manually, it is asking me for many parameters

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

To start the SAPCCMSR agent the command is sapccmsr u2013DCCMS [pf=<profile path>].

Add this is in the INITTAB of the server.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If i add this in the INITTAB, would it not ask for user id , password etc when i starts

When i tried to manualy execute this command, it asks me to enter all these values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Normally when we start the CCMS agent it will not ask any userid and password, have you tried it with -DCCMS option from the profile directory.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried only the following steps

Login to the path /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run/

execute the command sapccmsr u2013R pf=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS<System no>

Please let me know if there is any other way to add the command in the INITTAB file so that it gets started during startup.. But if i do so, is there any other file, i have to maintain have the user id of CSMREG, SAP router etc

Please guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

You are using the command which is used to register a agent, please find the link below.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/8b/f64352e1bfbd4eb43e432860504a1c/frameset.htm

To start the agent follow the command in the below link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/8b/f64352e1bfbd4eb43e432860504a1c/content.htm

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I understand that the following command should be coded in the INITTAB file in unix.

SAPCCMSR -DCCMS pf=/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile/<SID>_DVEBMGS<System no>

If i do the above step , the CCMS automatically starts after i restart the box

Please confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

It should happen, but I have not tried this.

Good luck.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Answers (0)