cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM_HTTP_Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I had the SOAP AXIS Receiver adapter which was working fine and suddenly it started giving the time out errors as below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Call Adapter 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">
  <SAP:Category>XIServer</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="INTERNAL">CLIENT_RECEIVE_FAILED</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1>402</SAP:P1> 
  <SAP:P2>ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT</SAP:P2> 
  <SAP:P3 />

I have checked the ICM time out parameter icm/conn_timeout and it is 5000 sec.

I have followed the note-824554 and incresed the time out value in RZ10 as below

PROT=HTTPS,PORT=443,PROCTIMEOUT=600,TIMEOUT=300,VCLIENT=1 and still i am getting the same error.

I have tested with the SOAP UI and i am able to send the messages successfully.

In the RWB i am getting the error as

Delivery of the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: ; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect. Setting message to status failed.

any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 30, 2009 9:01 PM

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 30, 2009 9:02 PM

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 30, 2009 9:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

There are only two things that come into my mind when I see the word timeout

1. firewall issues (this could not be your case because you were able to connect with their server before)

2. server performance (it could be that the response XI is waiting for the receiver server took too long hence the timeout). These could mean that the transactions (too many messages are sent) in their server are too many.

Hope this helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response and i appreciate your suggestions and there were really helpful.

I have installed SOAP UI on this server and send the request to the 3rd part server with the same parameters as in the communication channel of soap axis receiver adapter and i got the connection timed out error.

So looks like a firewall issue. I will contact the IT guys and ask them to have a closer look.

Thanks,

Raj

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 31, 2009 6:16 AM

Edited by: raj reddy on Jan 31, 2009 6:16 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Were you able to solve your issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

There was firewall issue and also time out paramters issue. After fixing the firewall i tested from SOAP UI and got the successful response but i got 500 time out when tested from XI.

I have seen in RZ10 that there was no time out parameters set for the HTTP port 8001 and after setting the TIMEOUT=600 and PROCTIMEOUT=300 i was able to send messages successfully.

I appreciate your followup and suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check if your target webservice is running by opening it in internet explorer...........i think your target Webservice application is not running so XI is not able to send your SOAP response msg from XI to your target SOAP application..................

check whether both your XI and R/3 systems are up and their rfc destinations of type H are working in SM59 transaction.................

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have already checked the target webservice by opening in the browser and it is ok. This is for sure a firewall problem as i performed some tests from saop ui to the webservice and i got same error as in XI so basically the requests from this server are blocked.

When i performt these tests from the soap UI from the internal network servers and i am getting the response. I will update as soon as i hear from the IT.

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate your help.

Raj