cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to split a invoice automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

GURUS

this thread is already posted. i am very curious to know the answer .

Q)How to split a invoice automatically

the header data is same,example for 1000 pcs 1 sales order,1 delivery ,i require 5 invoices.

Ans)If you are making the Billing relevance as "K" in the Item category (in VOV7), system will allow you to change the Billing quantity.

Suppose, delivery quantity is 10 units, by making above settings you can create a Billing for let's say 5 units, but at the same time when you save the Billing document, the Delivery document achieves "Completed" status. So you may not be able to create further Billing document from that Delivery.

so my doubt is that ,how to make the rest fo the delivery quantity the invoice?

For you ref.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

I HAVE ALSO THE SAME REQUIREMENT

SUPPOSE IF THE SALES ORDER QUANTITY IS 1000

I NEED TO HAVE ONLY 1 DELIVERY BUT THE INVOICE SHOULD SPLIT INTO 5

THIS IS MY CLIENT REQUIREMENT

HOW TO MAKE THIS AUTOMATIC

DO I REQUIRE TO HAVE ANY ROUTINE TO BE WRITTEN IF THE DELIVERY QUANTITY IS ABOVE 1000 IT SHOULD SPLIT INTO 5 INVOICES OF 200 EACH

REGARDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

You can have the invoice split on various criteria based on your setting in copy control delivery to billing VTFL. Pls read and understand the indicators at item level ---copying requirements and data VBRK/VBRP.

Requirements system checks before making an invoice split is: payer, payment terms, date of invoice...etc

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think, Shiva is correct.

By making the "Billing relevance" as "K" in the Item category for sales (VOV7), you can bill for partial quantitIie for Delivery related Billing, but at the same time the status of the Delivery document goes to "Completed" status in standard setting.

Ofcourse, I am not with the system now to test, but I think it is correct.

So, it is better to create 5 deliveries from the Sales order first.

Then in the copy control (VTFL), at Item level, in the "VBRK.VBRP" field put requirement "003", so that even if the criterias are same for combining the delivery are same, still system will create one Billing document for each delivery automatically.

That means for 5 deliveries, 5 Billing documents will be created automatically.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I forget to add in my above comments that we should check in Document Flow where you can see "Being Processed" and also you can generate subsequent invoices.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

This issue is so many times answered

The billing relevance K if taken in VOV7 and it is possible to bill partial quatities

Suppose if your sales order has 3 line items say 100 qty each and if it is a complete delivery and PGI also done and if you want to make 5 invoices each three line items say 20 units each then it is possible in VF01 before executing going to the selection qty and entering the qty you want to bill(like that you can make 5 invoices)

Or if you want to make 3 invoices only item one 100 units 1 invoice, item two 100 units 1 invoice, item three 100 units 1 invoice this is also possible

This has been tested well

Suppose if after making invoice for 20 units out of 100 the delivery gets completed status then in your configuration something is wrong somewhere not with billing relevance K

With The billing relevance K till you finish of invoicing the whole 100 quantities the delivery will be open only(being processed)

In VTFL for the combination of your del type to billing type at item level pos/neg qty maintain +

Dear Rithvika

The same issue has been posted by you

suggestions were given and you have closed the theread also

What is the meaning of opening it again before testing out the suggestions

Regards

raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Shiva wrote

the Delivery document achieves "Completed" status

No Shiva you are wrong. As long as the delivery quantity is fully invoiced, the status would remain "Being Processed". Just to reconfirm this, I have tested this at my end and found that my understanding is correct.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

can anyone tell me the reason

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva

As the sales order quantity is 1000pcs and only 1 delivery is there and you need 5 invoices

Now if you enter the the same item in 5line items in the sales order and if you maintain different billing dates( at item level) for all those 5lineitems then billing split will happen

The billing split parameters are as follows :

-> Payer

-> Inco term

-> Payment term

-> Actual GI Date from Delivery

-> Shipping Condition

-> Account Assignment Group

-> Exchange rate (in case of export sale order)

-> Foreign trade data

Regards

Srinath