cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'NO FORECAST' model does not work in Interactive Planning!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I use NO FORECAST as the model, it gives me blank forecast values, but no option to Save (the button for Save is inactive), when I press the Cross (X) to go back to planning area, it doesnu2019t save the blank forecast at all.

So the NO FORECAST model is kind of not working at all.

Iu2019ve also observed that once I run Stat using any other model, and even if I donu2019t save the value and just exit, the system still saves the values for me. So there is no option to u2018Not Saveu2019 u2026

Is this normal or a bug in the system?

Could you advise how to do the following:

1. Run NO FORECAST model in Interactive planning and how to save it so that it wipes out previous stat forecast

2. Run forecast with any other model which give some new values, but, how to NOT save these stat forecast values

Thanks,

Rimjhim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding the fact that you save the forecast calculation when you click on the green arrow, this is not a bug. You have to define yourself the way you want this feature is working by assigning the parameter /SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN in your user own data (see OSS note 350065). Here after the extract of this note:

"Parameter /SAPAPO/FCST_GREEN: You can use this parameter to determine the behavior of the system when you return from the forecast view with the "green arrow": X ==> no save during return, P ==> confirmation prompt on whether you want to save. As of SCM 4.1, you can also set the option S. The data is then copied to interactive planning without being saved beforehand".

Regarding the NO FORECAST model, what I am doing is that I don't assign this model directly in the interactive planning but I go directly into the transaction /SAPAPO/MSDP_FCST2-Assign forecast profile to a selection", and I just put directly the forecast profile "NO FORECAST" in the desired selection. After you can go back to the planning book and you will see that no forecast is calculated any more (of course you might have also to delete the forecast values that you have calculated before to set the NO FORECAST profile.

Hope it will help you

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dider,

thanks for your helpful reply.

the paramter stuff works totally and solves one part of the problem...

but I tried making a no forecast profile etc....and it's still not working

the problem doesnt lie in assigning the No Forecast profile -- be it directly from interactive planning book, or from separate transaction mentioned by you. But when we execute the univariate fcst using this model, both the 'Save' and 'Green Arrow back' buttons automatically gets disables, leaving no option to save!!

Still need help with this. The user do not want to open up the key figure (for input) and delete the forecasts manually, they actually want to use 'No Forecast' model to work as expected, and give them all blank values

Thanks,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dider,

thanks for your helpful reply.

the paramter stuff works totally and solves one part of the problem...

but I tried making a no forecast profile etc....and it's still not working

the problem doesnt lie in assigning the No Forecast profile -- be it directly from interactive planning book, or from separate transaction mentioned by you. But when we execute the univariate fcst using this model, both the 'Save' and 'Green Arrow back' buttons automatically gets disables, leaving no option to save!!

Still need help with this. The user do not want to open up the key figure (for input) and delete the forecasts manually, they actually want to use 'No Forecast' model to work as expected, and give them all blank values

Thanks,

Rimjhim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

"but no option to Save (the button for Save is inactive),"

You can run forecast in display mode as well. Make sure that you are not in display mode. If you are display mode, the system still shows all the results as usual but does not let you save the results.

"Iu2019ve also observed that once I run Stat using any other model, and even if I donu2019t save the value and just exit, the system still saves the values for me. So there is no option to u2018Not Saveu2019 u2026"

NOT TRUE.

Unless you click on the back arrow ( Green) the results are not saved. If they are then you have a open a OSS message.

"1. Run NO FORECAST model in Interactive planning and how to save it so that it wipes out previous stat forecast"

A: As per the way the software is supposed to work, You can run the forecasting model in edit mode and when the new screen comes with the forecast values, you can hit save or green arrow back button to save the values and go back.

If you click on the red "X" button the values are not saved and you go back to your sdp94 screen with old values.

"2. Run forecast with any other model which give some new values, but, how to NOT save these stat forecast values "

If you click on the red "X" button the values are not saved and you go back to your sdp94 screen with old values.

or

Run the forecast in display ,mode in planning book, the results are still displayed but save button is displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Thanks for your reply.

I tested again and as i understand:

1. With any other model, if we run a forecast in change mode, the press Save or Back Arrow(green) then the results are saved. But if we press X (red cross) the results are not saved.

hope this is correct.

2. Please can you check No Forecast model once? As soon as I select the Radio Button for 'No Forecast', the Save and the Green Back Arrow button get deactivated even though I am in Change mode. Does this mean it's only possible to save No Forecast Results if we run in background but not in Interactive Planning?

Thanks,

Rimjhim