Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform a RFC call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

My scenario is as follows: IDoc -> XI -> Email

This works fine, but now I need to do a RFC call back to the server which sent the IDoc to XI to get the email address of the receiver dynamically.

I imported the corresponding RFC (BAPI_ISUTASK_GETCOMMCONTROL) from the other server into the Integration Repository.

Now I'm not sure how to continue. How can I do this RFC call? Do I need to create a ccBPM or can I solve my problem in an easier way?

Regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do RFC call in both the ways-i.e either using BPM or without using BPM.

If you are in SP14 then it is better to go with RFC lookup concepts.

Pls go thru following blogs-

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/23/lookup146s-in-xi-made-simpler

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/15/xi-rfc-mapping-lookups-from-bc-to-xi

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You donot require a ccBPM and RFC lookups if you follow the approach as suggested.

1.Configure scot in XI and use RFC adapter instead of mail adapter to trigger e-mails.

2.In the RFC you can call the RFC BAPI_ISUTASK_GETCOMMCONTROL of IS-U system and also have the code for triggering e-mails embedded in it.

This approach is easy to mantain and good in performance point of view also.

Find this blog for triggering e-mails through RFC adapter

External e-mails

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/01/12/xi-triggering-e-mails-with-multiple-attachments--problems

e-mails to IS-U Folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Many thanks for your replies

I tried the way with message lookups like Michal wrote in this article: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/801376c6-0501...

It worked nice, so I can retrieve an XML document which includes the email addresses.

Now I'm trying to extend the user defined function to get the required information out of the XML string and return this value. Seems to be not so easy

Regards,

Daniel

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

To make an RFC lookup in your mapping program, I think this article by michal will be of great use,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/801376c6-0501...

If you need any clarification, do let us know

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel -

Within the mapping of your current scenario, you could do a <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cf/406642ea59c753e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm">Mapping Lookup</a> to call your RFC and get the email.

Of course, with ccBPM, this is possible as well, but more overhead is invovled with the work items created and etc. Either is a viable option.

Regards,

Jin