cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc to File Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a scenario, IDoc to File. IDoc is MATMAS04, and the xsd of this is exported and imported to the external definitions.

While mapping I used auto mapping, it's giving an warning message 'All target field mappings of subtree will be lost. Do you want to proceed?'.

Are there any other things I need to take care or this is going to be fine?

Please help me with this.

Regards,

Sree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

here is new document for IDOC TO FILE scenario..

http://jskcomput.blogspot.com/2013/08/idoc-to-file-scenario.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

If you have not done any mapping previously, this should not be a concern.

Moreover, the Idoc can be used as the target message type. I don't think an xsd is required.

Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama Sree,

This is possibly bcoz before doing the auto mapping you would have probably mapped a few fields manually. So just don’t worry about the warning its giving…Just go ahead and continue with what you were doing.

And now if you have any other doubts regarding IDOC-XI-FILE scenario, please go through the information below and clear all your doubts.

While doing an IDOC -> XI -> File scenario, The Points to noted are:

1. You don’t need a DT, MT or a message interface for the IDOC as it itself acts as the Message Interface.

2. You import the IDOC and use the same in your mapping.

3. In this configuration note that you don’t have a sender agreement as you don’t have a sender IDOC adapter.

If it is that you wanted to send an IDOC from XI (File to IDOC) , then in this case:

points 1 and 2 will remain, but the 3 will not. You will need a sender agreement for the file and a receiver agreement for the IDOC.

IDOC -> File scenario ref:

<a href="/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters scenario</a>

File -> IDOC ref:

<a href="/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping to IDOC</a>

Regards,

Abhy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rama,

If it is IDoc to File Scenario, it is not required to have xsd is imported into the XI. Because Idoc itself acts as an Message Interface.

Is your target structure as same message type as Idoc ? If so , mapping is not required. You can directly go on that. If you are changing/transforming something then Mapping is required.

Also go thru following links-

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

For queries on Mapping-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramasree,

>>>>>><i>While mapping I used auto mapping, it's giving an warning message 'All target field mappings of subtree will be lost. Do you want to proceed?'.</i>

If you don't have any other mappings besides this, it is going to be fine.

Rgds,

Sam Raju