cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VC Chart legend Display

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

Here we are facing a problem in our Visual composer Dashboard.

We have upgraded the patch level of EP server from SP10 to SP17 and BW patch level is SP19.

We are using VC 7.0 with compiler Flex2.

In our Dashboard we are displaying some Queries's results via "Line" chart type.

In Category Axis field we have 'fiscal_year_period'. In Data Series field we have one key figure per Business area (There are 25 Data Series key figures).

eg. Generation per Business Area.

Generation for 1033

Generation for 1004

Generation for 1007

Generation for 1015

Now we are filtering the Queries's output according to Buisness Area. But after the filteration of values in Chart the legends (Legend Placement = below ) are not changing dynamicaly as per the input Buisness Area.

eg . If we have filtered for two Business Areas the Chart is also coming for two Business Areas but the legends (Legend Placement = below ) are coming for all Business Areas.

Kindly Help us as we are not able to find any solution.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nivedita,

Of course you have this problem becouse the Data Series declaration is static.

You can hide the legent and the end user can use tooltip in order to understand line's Business Area.

If this solution is not enough, give some table generated from the same query with same filtering and for each row attach color used in chart (the appearance of chart colors is permanent). It's something very tricky and may bring down the performance.

Another way is to use Business Graphics of WebDynpro in order to create your dashboard and forget about problems like this

Good luck,

Ola

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ola,

Thanks for the response, i have given the points also.

I cant hide the legends because the client requirement is so.

How can I declare my Data Series dynamic. and can you explain in detail the other solution.

Thanks & Regards

Nivedita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can't to declare dynamic Data Series.

I think it's will be very tricky to try something else and if it's so important to display qualitative UI go and create it with Business Graphics.

Ola

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread.