cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access/Excel DAO Connection Box

Former Member
0 Kudos

Help! Something changed on my machine and now I can't connect Crystal Reports to the database files (*.mdb). There is no security or passwords on the database files, but each time I try to refresh, verify, or connect to a new database I get the Access/Excel DAO Connection box. If I click "finish," I get the following error:

Logon Failed.

Details: DAO Error Code 0xbd5

Source: DAO.DbEngine

Description: Not a valid account name or password.

I am a member of the administrator group on the network. I don't get it.

Wendy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the note below

Hope it will help you.

Let me know the result.

Symptom

Open CrystalReports. Double click "Create New Connection". Select "Access/Excel (DAO)" Choose Access and select the Access file. Click Finish. After clicking the Finish the following error occurs:

Logon failed. Details: DAO Error Code. Source: DAO. Workspace

Cause

The error occurs as the DAO360.dll is not registered properly.

Resolution

Yes, it is possible to overcome this error message. The error occurs as the DAO360.dll is not registered. As soon as the mentioned dll is registered connecting to Access/ Excel using native connection is done without any issues.

In order to overcome the issue follows the following steps:

1. Close the Crystal Report.

2. Click Start>>Run.

3. Copy and paste the following in the Run dialog box

Regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll

4. Click "OK".

5. After clicking "OK" a message box will appear showing successful registration of the dll.

6. Now open CR XI and try to create new reports.

Regards,

Nagraj Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, it had no effect. I wonder if there are other dlls that need registering?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version of CR it is ?

Try to uninstall and install the CR and see it helps.

Regards,

Nagraj Kundan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Try to register the following dll s

P2bdao.dll,P2irdao.dll,P2ctdao.dll

Regards,

Nagraj Kundan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal XI and the reinstall did not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not register the p2*.dlls.

I got the error: p2bdao.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file cannot be registered.

From what I read this is because it was already registered during the install.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the Data Connectivity - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have same problem. Do this forum has solution to this crystal report problem to access MS Access 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wendy,

Did issue get resolved ?

Regards.

Nagraj Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been having the same issue also. When I try import the Excel spreadsheet into Access, it works fine. Is there a problem with Excel (we are using 2003). It is getting frustrating! I have tried your suggestions, but without success. Has there been any new ideas on the issue? Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I noticed that I installed .NET 3.0 framework around the same time that the problem started occurring, maybe. Also, my MDAC version is 2.8 sp1 for XP SP3.

Does anyone thing either of these could be causing the problem?