cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 3.x - Universe Connection Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the What's New document for XI 3.0, the following is listed as an enhancement to Designer:

The Universe Connection Manager is a new wizard that simplifies the way you manage the connections between your Business Objects universes and data sources. Use the Universe Connection Manager to create new connections, and to modify your existing connections. You can also use the Universe Connection Manager to check the integrity of available universes. For example, you can use the Universe Connection Manager to check the structure and joins of a universe to verify that it returns the data that you expect.

Anyone have any idea what this is, and where to find it? I know how to set up connections in Designer, but that functionality hasn't changed much since v5 at least, and I just don't see the additional functionality described there. What am I missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dwayne,

I think it must be the tools->connections. When you create a new connection you get a wizard. This is pretty much the same for basic odbc, driver connections, but has the ability to work with SAP and other connections as well.

Hope this helps

Alan

PPaolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Universe Connection Manager is a wizard tool which allows to create new local connectivities and change the connectivity of a local Universe without the need to use Universe Designer.

e.g. you would point a local Universe, create a new connecitivity and apply it.

This tool should have been shipped in a clients package which was delayed so it is not appearing in the SAP BusinessObjects offer at this time.

Best regards

PPaolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

This tool should have been shipped in a clients package which was delayed so it is not appearing in the SAP BusinessObjects offer at this time.

So I'm not going crazy! And still didn't make into 3.1, so that's concerning. However, thanks for confirming!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does someone know of any possibility to changes the universe connection thru command line?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No you can't, but on the other hand it is easy to write a small program using Designer SDK to satisfy the requirement.

Didier