cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Duplex (Two-sided) Printing

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have been trying to figure out how to set my two page Adobe form to print in duplex (two-sided) page mode. Does anyone know how to do this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Priting both side is not linked with your document but with printer . When you try to print any document you define if it's both side only when you click on print button.

So for this, you have to define a printer in your SAP Sytem , on OUTPUT Attributes tab you can define Both-Side printing .

Another solution is to define a specific tray for your SAP Printer and in the printer set the tray as Both-Side.

Hope this help you

Regards

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bertrand, thanks for the reply. We do have a duplex printer setup in SAP for printing two-sided. This printer works just fine for ABAP lists. However, when printing Adobe forms, it does not print two-sided for some reason.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kenneth,

Have you try the solution with Tray not Printer . In this case it's on the printer directly that you set both-side option .

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

In wich version of SAP system and Adobe LifeCylce Designer are you ?

I just check something on an ECC 6 with ALD 8.1 and i see that on page attribute in the layout you can set the master page as printing in duplex. It's an option in the visibilty attribute of the page.

I never test it so i can't tell you if that would solve your issue.

Hope this help you

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I sent an SAP message to SAP Support and they helped me out. It is configuration which needs to be done on the ADS Server (Adobe Document Services). Here is the OSS note to reference: 685571.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback.

Just to know, did you change the XDC file or the XML job profile ? I saw that a XML job profile must be created for ALD 7.1 or earlier (in [Customizing Printing Workflows pdf|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/802ca378-5689-2a10-5298-e537562ba939] (sdn), chapter 3.3 Printing duplex documents on a duplex printer). Was it what you did?

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandra,

SAP instructed us to change the .xdc file. I did not make the changes myself. Our Basis guy did, so I'm not exactly sure what all he did. Thanks for the document.