cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master/Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's i have a requirment for my client.

My Client produces Materials (in liquid or plastic form) that it later sells to its customers and Distributors for end use products e.g in ( footware, tape, Paving roads). My client would like in the Customer Master, to map its customers by the end use how can i do this in the customer master? or sales order?

The other challenging thing comes about when my Client sells to Distributors who later sell this product to other customers for end use- how can i map the Distributors since i don't know the custmers they'll sell to and the end use of product.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Material Master, there should be some fields in which you would not be maintaining any datas. You can make use of these fields. Example, in Basic Data2 tab, most of the fields would be blank. You can maintain the end use there.

For your second requirement, unless you know the end customer, it is not possible to capture the sales datas in SAP. If you know the end user, that is from your distributor to whom the products are being sold, then you can configure consignment fillup process. Otherwise, this requirement is ruled out.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi why would i want to do it at the Material Master? i want to do this at the Customer Master so as to know what their end use for the material we are producing is??? whey can i capture this info in the customer master?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joi,

To map the customers by their end use i.e. if they are you distributors or the end customers , you can configure them with the account group which controls the CMR.You can configure differernt account group for your end customer and a different one for distributor.

By this you can always distinguish your customers as who is your distributor as customer and who is your end customer.

Also if any customer is just one time, you can configure them as a one time customer by configuring in account group.

Please give ponts if you are satisfied.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use different fields avaialble in the customer master data - sales area data....that are used for grouping of customers. You can use two different fields for meeting your two requirements. I donot remember the exact naming of those fields and hence I could not provide the field names.

Regarding the nature of the business of your customers...whether they are wholesalers or retailers or endusers....it is the reponsibility of the client to provide you the details and it is not our headache to find out those details.

Thanks,

Ravi