cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Javascript code error depending on Adobe Reader Version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I develop a Adobe interactive forms with ALD version 8 on ECC 6.0 system .My forms is only used in offline scenario ( thru e-mail) .My form is set as compatible with Adobe Reader 7.0.5

In the form i got 2 different tables .

The first table , let's call it Tab1 , is define as follow :

Field 1 -> DropDowlist box

Field 2 -> TExt Field

Field 3 -> DropDownlist Box

Field 4 -> DropDownlist Box

Field 5 to 11 -> Text Field.

The second table, let's call TAB2 , is define as follow :

Field 1 -> DropDownlist box

Field 2 -> Text Field

Field 3 -> Dropdownlist box

Field 4 to 10 -> Text Field.

The content of the DropDownlist of Field1 of Tab1 and Tab2 are similar.

When user try to click on Field 5/6/7/8/9/10/11 of Tab1 for populate it, i wrote a javascript code to check if Field3 is populate. If not i set a focus on Filed3 of Tab 3 .

Same check have been written for Tab2 when user try to click on Field 4/5/6/7/8/9/10.

This code works fine with Adobe REader 8.1 but with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 it doesn't work and that's a main issue because it can't be possible to be sure that all user will use adobe Reader 8.1.

Adboe Reader 7.0.9 is a pre-requisite as describe in OSS note 834573.

Does somebody face the same problem and can help me to solve it .

Regards

Ps : Here is the javascript i wrote :

var pos = eval(this.parent.index);

if (xfa.resolveNode("data...ACTIVITY_DETAIL["+pos+"].SOFTWARE").isNull)
{
 xfa.host.setFocus(xfa.resolveNode("data...ACTIVITY_DETAIL["+pos+"].SOFTWARE"));
}

Edited by: Bertrand DESSERTENNE on Jan 30, 2009 5:01 PM

I made a mistake when describing the error, I change the explanation.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

I'm not sure if you hit a Reader bug when setting the focus to a field in a table cell. I recommend testing with Reader 9 and maybe with Reader 7.1.0 (this is the recommended 7er version).

You could also check if it works if you provide the SOM Expression as parameter for Reader 7. Your sample provides the node itself.

If the SOM expression works in Reader 8 and 9 I would conclude that this is a bug.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I check this code with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and 7.1 and that doesn't works.

With Adobe Reader 8.1 that works .

I don't test it with Adobe Reader 9.0 , does this version support by Adobe forms in SAP ??

My main problem is that a lot of user will use this forms . Some of them will use their own computer but some of them will use others company computer so i can't be sure that Adobe reader will be 8.1 and my customer want that test working with Adobe Reader 7.0.9 which is regarding oss note the minimum version for Adobe Interactive forms.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I made a test of my form on 4 different Adobe Reader version, here is the result :

Adobe 7.0.9 : Control does not work

Adobe 7.1 : Control does not work.

Adobe 8.1 : Control Works

Adobe 9.0 : Control Works .

SO i really think it's a "bug", but his there a way to have a patch for this or do i need to modify my check in order to be ok on all thoses versions ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bertrand,

Agreed, this looks like an issue. It is very unlikely that there will be a Reader 7.x patch. So checking the version is a good option.

Regards,

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen

You confirm what i think.

Regards

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you find a workaround for referencing the node in Reader 7.x (maybe by SOM expression as Juergen suggested). Maybe I will face this kind of problem too (we don't know which readers people will use... at least 7.0.9... I hope!)

Answers (0)