cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manage abnormal demand with gATP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have to manage the following situation: customer A asks for 100 EA of PART-A. the client wants to input maximum quantity allowed for each customer. Let's say that it wants to limit the maximum order quantity of customer A to 75 EA. we are using gATP to manage the allocation process. Does anybody have some advice on how to solve this problem? the maximum allowed quantities should be loaded manually from an external file or inputed manually into SCM. I was thinking that probably using the "check against product allocation" basic method could be an option.

thanks bye

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav and Srinidhi,

thank you very much for your answers as they have been very helpful. I was able to configure the system to make the appropriate restrictions. I defined the check instructions so that the product availability check method was performed first and then check against product allocation. By doing in this way i was able to perform the perform against product allocation method, basing on the real stock availability. I have a couple of question now related to this configuration: 1) you were mentioning that excel file upload into the planning book is possible. Can you please explain how to do it? 2) is it possible to display a message to the user in which it is said that the quantity asked was more than the allowed one? .. is there something standard for this or should be an enhancement?

thanks

Marco

P.S.: As both questions were equally helpful, I will give more points to Vaibhav who answered first.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marulli,

Let me try answer you questions

1) here is the link of SAP help about uploading and downloading data from interactive planning

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/e2/1e2980c5314ad3aa76be32e7e29696/frameset.htm

2) Regarding second help me understand the business process

- What do you mean by quantity asked? If it is sales orders than system will not confirm quantity greater than allocations maintained. Here you can set alerts in APO use t code /sapapo/amon_setting and set alert profile for product allocation.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Harshil Desai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

In addition to what harshil has mentioned, regarding point 2, if your sales order qty is more than the product allocation qty, the SO will not get confirmed. If you want to display any customized messages or modify the product allocation result you may also investigate using the function module exit EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLATPQ_032. Customised pop-up messages can be made to display by developing your customized code.

regards,

Srinidhi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco,

This is a standard GATP functionality which falls under the 'Product Allocation' category. The important thing is that you need to define an charcteristic for your customer (i.e ship-to or sold-to) and allocations can be maintained against this in the planning book. You may need to defined a new planning area/book for managing customer/material allocations. You need to follow the standrad proceedure of defining product allocation object,group, procedure and other GATP settings along with master data maintaenance in R/3 where you may need to specify the product allocation procedure in the MRP 3 tab of material master.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Srinidhi

Edited by: Srinidhi Acharya on Feb 2, 2009 6:13 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi !

This is a standard funtionality of GATP- in the check intructions check product allocation(First or second step)

maintain a MPOS- with additional Characterstic Product allocation Object

Planning Area- two key figure allocated quantity/sale order quantity)

Planning book

Maintain Field Catalog SIMG APO_AO01

Maintain Product Allocation Object SIMG APO_ATP_V_T190O

Maintain Product Allocation Group SIMG APO_ATP_KGRP

Maintain Product Allocation Procedure SIMG APO_ATP_KPRO

Maintain Sequence of Product Allocation Procedures SIMG APO_ATP_KSG

Maintain Connection to Planning Area SIMG APO_ATP_PB

Check the Product Allocation Settings SIMG APO_ATP_CHECK

maintain key figure values manually in the planning book or u can upload it with excel file also.

hope this helps you.

Warm regards

Vaibhav Sareen