Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

CE1 CE2 CE3 and CE4 and tables read during extraction for COPA

Hi Everyone,

First let me say I've seen the COPA extraction document and the postings for tables read during extraction on this forum, but still not sure.

I had a posting that answered my question on realignment and what to do in BW (re-init).

My question now seems simple, but I'm not sure.

We created our COPA datasource in KEB0. We selected everything we needed (including line items).

Now when we extract, we get everything correct, but in line item.

My understanding is that creating the datasource in KEB0 it reads CE1 table (line item), but how to you get the system to read CE3 for summary/totals?

Also, clicking the summarization level button in KEB0 it displays message 'no suitable ....found....'. What does this mean?

Please help.

Thanks a million,

Mike

I seen note 392635 that explains the dynamic reading of tables and the system chooses which table. We will be using deltas so it appears it will read line item table, but then how to you get "total" information in BW.

I may be missing something simple here...is it simply load everything to ODS and then just datamart to Cube, where it will essentially be totaled?

Message was edited by: Mike Johnson

Former Member
Former Member replied

Totalling can be done in reporting.

This is what I think - Since you are extracting line item level data, summarized data can't be extracted at that level as it will be incorrect( a total getting repeated for each line). If you have chosen even a single line item characteristic, summary level values can't be included in the datasource.

When you run a query, you have all the option to see the totals in various ways based on the line item level values.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question