cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Connection and WebGui

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam new to working this environment.Our compnay servers are in mumbai,we are having branch in chennai they want to connect sap server from chennai.can i configure router and give to them connection Or can i configure webgui and give the path off them,whats the diffrence between them.which the is better,and whats the suggestion to give them connection.whats the exact use of webgui.clarify my doubts and guide me the same.

Thanku

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPRouter is probably the better method, it's simple to set up, simple to secure and gives the full utility of the SAPGUI.

If you don't already have the web services set up the webgui is a bit more difficult to set up and much trickier to secure. If you do already have a web portal the web gui can be set up quickly.

But I've never had a user tell me they prefer the webgui over the sapgui.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webgui is fine for a couple of transactions but for normal use I strongly recommend you to configure a router so they can login via regular GUI. Difference between them is basically interface but you won't get all the funtionalities with webgui. You can find a lot of details in help.sap.com

Regards

Juan