cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Web Start Version for PI7.1 & PI7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked on the SAP PAM and trawled these forums/blogs to try and determine the JWS version requirements for PI7.1 and PI7.0. Unfortunately there appears to have been many issues with compatibility, particularly with PI7.0. To help us avoid these issues can anyone answer the following?

- Do we need the JDK on the client side or is the JRE sufficient?

- For PI7.1 I understand Java 5 is required however will PI7.1 also work with Java 6?

- For PI7.0 I understand Java 1.4.2 is required and later versions of Java will not work correctly - is this true?

- Does the client version have any ramifications on the PI server Java versions?

The reason for these questions is that we may have to install multiple Java versions on some clients to support the requirements of other applications. Within JWS I know you can can disable the versions of Java installed to prevent JWS from loading certain versions. This could solve the problem of different applications requiring different versions but does this JWS feature work with both versions of PI?

TIA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For future reference PI7.1 works with Java JRE 1.5 and 1.6.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

> Do we need the JDK on the client side or is the JRE sufficient?

JRE is sufficient.

> For PI7.1 I understand Java 5 is required however will PI7.1 also work with Java 6?

Think so.

> For PI7.0 I understand Java 1.4.2 is required and later versions of Java will not work correctly - is this true?

Yes, you should use 1.4.2.9

Regards

Patrick

former_member181955
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

jre-6u11-windows-i586-p-s is compatible for both PI7.0 and PI7.1

Thanks

Prasad Nemalikanti

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

for PI7.1 instal JRE 1.5 update 16 , its work fine, you no need to install JDK.

i instaled JRE 1.5 its working fine.

PI7.1 it wont support 1.4 jre version it will ask for new version.

PI7.0 works with 1.4.2 jre.

Cheers,

Raj