Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have one scenario :example

I have a customer (maintained as ONE customer master data) say McDonald's who has many outlets across india .Now each state has different tax tariffs.When I bill to McDonald - lucknow from plant which is in Banaglore it should pick CST billing and when billing to McDonald's -Bangalore (local) it should pick VAT billing.

Here sold -to- party and bill -to -party are same only ship -to -party is different locationwise.

How to achieve this ? Is customer hierarchy is of any use? If Yes, what are the settings?

Many thanks

Umesh Karanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh,

As suggested by Mr Lakshmipathi, create two ship to parties and assign it to one sold to party.

For VAT, maintain a condition type say JVAT, and maitain condition records Blore - Blore - 12.5%

For CST, maintainn a condition type say JCST, and maintain condition records Blore - Lucknow - 4%

In the pricing procedure, maintain these condition types. For whichever condition records is maintained, it will pick up the value. make sure u set the tax classification for both customer and material.................. We also faced similar type of problem................

Hope this helps......

Rgds,

Anitha J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lakshmipathi and Miss Anitha,

Thanks for your time .Your views have solved my problems

Regards,

Umesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Umesh Karanth

Create McDonald Bangalore and Lucknow as two ship to parties and assign it to McDonald sold to party.

As you would be aware, tax will always be determined based on the combination of Ship From Region (Delivering Plant Region) and Ship To Region (Ship To Party Region).

With this, when you create sale order and assign the respective ship to party, automatically, tax will be determined. Of course, you need to have different tax codes in FTXP one for CST and one for VAT

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mR.Lakshmipathi and Miss.Anitha ,

Thanks for your time .Your valuable inputs helped me resolve these issues .

Many Thanks,

Umesh Karanth