cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wHY Only EJB used to develop Adapter Module??

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FRNDS,

I have one strange question , i involved developing adapter modules .i used session beans to develop Adapter Module,Proxies?? why not other technologies.??

thanks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per ur question wht i think is.JAVA it self comes with a concept called "program once and run any where"..Thats where the platform independency comes in to picture the same way different applcations in java it self (JSP,SERVELTS etc.,) can also be integrated using concept EJBs deployed in Application servers making EJBs as a middle ware to integrate them,There by .JAVA has got the capability of understanding any data format and the basic idea of XI is to have the intermediate and standard data format (XML) while integrating applications instead of direct conversion .Having these capabilities JAVA could be right option for adding more integration capabilities along with the predelivered content for SAP applications etc.,Java has better interfaces for Parsing XML DOM ,SAX.

Thanks,

Ram.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thank u Ram and prateek.

Edited by: Raja Sekhar Reddy T on Jan 30, 2009 1:16 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could think of the following reasons:

1. It is based on java, open source, so anyone can develop it.

2. It is supported by the adapter engine on which it is deployed (as it is again on Java stack).

3. EJB provides transaction support well in comparison to RMI.

Regards,

Prateek