cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different FTP Connections/Locations on single File Adapter [RESOLVED]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I wish to FTP a file from an "untrusted source" within our domain, and move the file to a different Server, before processing. As it is an "untrusted source" (we are not responsible for the hardware and software), we have to pull the file into to another server before processing, instead of having the file pushed to the other server.

I have set up two FTP Communication channels, one to move the file from Server1 to Server2, and the second to process the file from Server2 to Server2/archive,after processing.

Unfortunately, the first Channel is not working....

I wondered if it was to do with only have one place to add a user name and password?

Does anyone else have experience of doing this?

I have search SDN and checked the following link... http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards

Message was edited by: Barry Neaves

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am still struggling with this.

None of the options provided give me the option for adding two lots of usernames and passwords for two different ftp servers.....

I have tried to have an ftp mapping step where it will move one file from server1, delete, create new file, place on server2. Still unsure about this....

Can anyone offer some useful advice??

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have now finally got this resolved....

What a nightmare!!!!!

I have an additional set of mapping on the schema to map from a one to one basis. The file is picked up and deleted - mapped through XI and named as a time/date stamped xml file on the new server, Created directly. The next stage picks the file up,processes it into R/3 and moves the file to the archive folder.

The ftp/file scenario is as follows:

Server1 > XI > Server2 > XI > R/3

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest to use FTP ABAP adapter instead as that will be good for monitoring and mantaining then writing some OS level scripts as you can give tcodes for the users to monitor if we do it in ABAP.

See the sample blog

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/23/sender-xi-ftp-adapter-with-regular-path-expression-150-abap

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

If you are on SP15 or later, write a simple ftp script to move files from one server to the other and on the FTP File CC(use only one Ftp CC instead of two) , you can execute the script by using the option "Run Operating System Command Before Message Processing".

See the details on how to use this option at the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Rgds,

Sam Raju

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I dont think the file can be moved from one FTP server to anohter.

In the processing mode of your file adapter, you can archive the file into another directory, but I am not sure, if your file can be moved from one server to another using a single file adapter.

one way I would suggest is to do a file sender - Xi - file receiver to move the file to the appropriate server and then process it from there.

Regards,

bhavesh