cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kpro ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello. we are configuring dms for the first time n firstly we had not checked the storage using kpro for our document types and when we had maintained a value for file size, when we tried attaching originals we noticed we were restricted to 2 originals. we went back to config n checked the tab use kpro n left the filesize blank we can now attach more than 2 documents but we get an error when saving ...error when saving with kpro, runtime error table_free_in_loop.....

my questions are

1.can kpro be used when u intend on saving in the sap database ? how ?

2.can we use kpro wen checking in documents in dms_c1_st ?

3.do i need additional configuration if i'm going to use storage using kpro if so how do i go about it ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kpro intends storage of originals in Content Server, here there is no limitation on attachments

File size value - for storing originals in SAP Database which is standard, here you can attach max of 2 originals..

for using content server, you need to have a external server on which you need to install content server application, the recommemeded is Windows 2003 server..

for your questions,

1.can kpro be used when u intend on saving in the sap database ? how ?

No, kpro cannot be used for sap database, its intended to use only with external content server..

2.can we use kpro wen checking in documents in dms_c1_st ?

you can use but checkin wont store documents in content server, its just a default repositiory which is given by SAP.

3.do i need additional configuration if i'm going to use storage using kpro if so how do i go about it ?

Yes,for using content server, you need to have a external server on which you need to install content server application, the recommemeded is Windows 2003 server..

after installation, you need to go to

OAC0, to create content repository

OACT, to create content category under the created content repository..

CSADMIN, certificate is to be sent for http connection verification..

hope this helps you,

Thank You,

Manoj

pls consider points if useful..!!

Manoj