Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know a particular TCode contains how many Authorization objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to know how many authorization objects a particular tcode contains in order to give an authorization to a particular user.

For example :

Suppose I want to give authorization of ME51N then how I can find out the authorization objects particular to ME51N tcode.

Regards,

Sunny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the related objects for tcodes

1. from SE93 -> check what authority checks are defined for the tcode

2. from SU24 -> you can see the check/maintained objects for the tcode

3. also from table USOBT_C.

Regards

Rakesh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Go to transcation code SU24, Give the transcation code for which you want to know the authorizations objects and execute..

After that select the transaction code and click on check indicator.,,,,you will get the list of authorizations objects for the transaction code.

Regards,

Bharath

0 Kudos

Hi Both of you,

Thanks for reply.

In SU24 what this Proposal field stands for?

Regards,

Sunny

0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Yes in the proposal field means that the object will be included in the authorization part of PFCG when ever you enter the t-code in the role menu.

And please notice, SU24 contains a lot of object that potentially could be checked when using the transaction code, most of the, however are not relevant in dayly use of the t-code, often the ones that you should focus on is the ones with Proposal = "Yes".

If you want to be sure what is checked and when, run an authorisation trace in ST01, (you can se how [here|http://www.mhn-consulting.com/Security/st01.htm])

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find the related objects for tcodes

1. from SE93 -> check what authority checks are defined for the tcode

2. from SU24 -> you can see the check/maintained objects for the tcode

3. also from table USOBT_C.

Regards

Rakesh