Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Picked quantity is greater that quantity to be delivered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Seeking your expertise on an issue.

I am performing PGI for a delivery where we usually do it through a job.

The Z program in the Job perform's picking, packing, PGI.

However the resultant of this pops with an error" Picked quantity is greater that quantity to be delivered"

While checking in the delivery > Picking Tab> here the Delivery quantity filed shows the required quantity as per SO for all the line items. However Picked Quantity filed shows 0 for all of them.

Could you please help me out if any possible cause for this

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The picked quantity and delivery quantity must be equal. try it for single delivery manually in VL01n in the picking tab and do the PGI. if the picked quantity field is grayed out and not able to enter the quantity, then you have to create a transfer order using LT03 and then in VL02n of your delivery you can enter the picked quantity and do the PGI.

Regards

sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While saving Delivery Order, Delivery Quantity is copied into Picking Quantity through standard customization. that is requirement at my client.

Now When Actual Picking happens, I run Inbound IDOC ORDERS05 to update the picking Quantity & then copy picking quantity to delivery quantity. but system gives error "Delivery quantity is greater than target quantity 2.000 OTR"

I want to change picking quantity & Delivery quantity before posting , only at the end. Is there any user exit to do this. I tried using EXIT_SAPLVMDE_003 but its not of use. Please suggest any solution.

Thanks

Sachin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh

PGI can be done only if the Picked Quantity is equal to Delivery Qty in Picking tab. Try to maintain the same manually and do PGI. Still if you have issues, then you can conclude that for that particular material stock is not available which you can check in MMBE

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

while creating delivery check the stock availability and pick the quantity equal to delivery quantity, if the stock is not available then change delivery quantity and pick the same then do the PGI, system should perform PGI if picking is fully confirmed only.

regards

srini