Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Processes and Forms - wage type addition

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a requirement where in Custom Adobe HCM forms and processes--

The user selects wage type from a drop down and clicks on "ADD" button, when he does this a wage type needs to be added.. he can add more than one wage type.. I need to display this added wage types in the form ( not decided how I am going to display this.. any ideas). Also he should be able to remove wage types incase he has added accidentally...(i think everything should happen in client side only)

Also... the add button should be only visible to the HR administrator and not the manager

Any ideas on this is very much Appreciated....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using instancemanger u can addor delete a row u can delete.(instancemanger manger will allow to add/delete dynamically any row)

Table1.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(integer); (for table rows)

Table1.Row1.instanceManager.removeInstance(integer) (for table rows)

Also... the add button should be only visible to the HR administrator and not the manager

Ans:- in button initialize java script method read the form scenario and baseed on scenario u can set property visible and hidden.

Regards

Malli

Edited by: mallikarjuna pasupulati on Jan 31, 2009 7:20 AM

Edited by: mallikarjuna pasupulati on Jan 31, 2009 7:22 AM

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mallikarjun,,, but can you give more details on this Instance Manager and how it can be implemented.

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I used the instance manager

Table1.Row1.instanceManager.addInstance(1);

to add a row by adding subform instances, but in the preview of Adobe livecycle designer it does not work. there is no response at all. Please let me know if anyone has used Instance Manager in Adobe Livecycle designer... My designer version is 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash,

Once you make your form dynamic from edit->form properties ->defaults it should work.

and also it will be better if you upgrade your designer to 7.1

Regards,

Ravi.D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use below link for some useful sample examples from Adobe.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/designer_scripting_samples.html

once u open the above link go to the below name.

Adding and removing table rows at runtime (PDF, 515k)

DirectLink:- http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/AddingRemovingTableRows.pdf

Hope above examples will solve your problem.

Regards

Malli.

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Round about