cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration to salesforce.com !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any one have experience integrating salesforce.com using XI ? I am in the process of exploring options of integrating to salesforce.com. Found that they expose AppExchange APIs , i beleive mostly web services that can be called using SOAP connectors!!.

Appreciate pointers from anyone with implementation knowledge on salesforce.com integration.

Thanks

Saravana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also looking at synchronizing data from R3 to Salesforce, but when trying to use XI I was not able to use the mappings GUI of XI for the Salesforce wsdl methods (like update or insert). the reason that the GUI only displays the salesforce SObject and does not recognises that there are complex objects like account, opportunitiy, lead, ... that enhance the SObject with more data to those methods.

Can you please let me know how you handled this?

Thank you,

Carmit

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana Kumar,

We did this sometime ago. We did an interface integrating XI with Salesforce.com using SOAP Adapter for getting discounts for a given customerID. Like you mentioned, Salesforce.com exposes APPExchange APIs and provide WSDLs for their Interfaces.

You can integrate XI with Salesforce.com by developing soap-client interfaces in XI using these WSDLs and by defining routing rules in XI ID using SOAP Adapter.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam , So we download the WSDLs , import into XI , configure SOAP receiver adapter and we should be on rite.

I was looking to avoid custom development as far as possible and good to know that there are interfaces already designed by consultants in other projects with standard connectors.

Hope you come up with a blog on this type of integration so that it serves as a guide for other consultants

Regards

Saravana

sam_raju
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana Kumar,

Normally, you will have documentation for salesforce.com interfaces and also a contact person at Salesforce.com to help you finding the interfaces and WSDLs.

After you import the WSDLs into XI, you can build an interface by integrating this with other applications like your R/3, Database or Online shopping cart and so on. In this case, you have to build design objects like mapping, BPM and so on to integrate with other applications.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Sam Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

How did you handle security when consuming SFDC webservices ? Were there any concerns from your side or from the customer who implemented this ? Did you go for just usrname/pwd authentication or for certificates ?

I have info on a very high level , but then i beleieve here we have to call webservices outside the corporate n/w rite !! Is there any special considerations here

Any thoughts on the same will help.

Thanks

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

From where can i download the WSDL file required to integreate Salesforce with PI?

Thanks and regards

Uma

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
From where can i download the WSDL file required to integreate Salesforce with PI?

These have to be taken from the salesforce application your are integrating...ask the salesforce application developers to provide you with the required wsdl...

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Apr 24, 2009 1:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable resonse Abhishek.

Regards

Uma