cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Batch Issue With WM Multiple Picks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue relating to deliveries in a WM environment and batch splitting.

In a delivery we can have a line item that is batch managed. The picking for this line item can consist of mutiple transfer orders (for picking pallet by pallet). The issue I have is that the multiple transfer orders are confirmed at different times, and even if for the same batch we end up with multiple batch splits.

For example

Material 999999 Delivery Qty 900

Three transfer orders are raised for 300 each, all three have for batch X.

Once these transfer orders have been confirmed the delivery batch split shows three lines

900001 300 batch X

900002 300 batch X

900003 300 batch X

I would like the batch split to appear only if two different batches are picked.

If for example I have an order of

Material 999999 Delivery Qty 300

One transfer order of 300, batch X

Once this transfer order is confirmed I will have no batch split line - this is what I want.

Appreciate any advice, I am struggling to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks

Colin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin, could you solve the issue.

I'm facing the same issue here.

Regards

RAF
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Presumably you have TO splitting set up, even so this should not necessarily cause the batch split. Which makes it sound like a bug, though I can understand why the possibility of separate confirmations could have been overlooked, at least initially by the programmers.

(We have batch determination via Delivery and do not get the same issue but we do not have TO splitting either.)

If you've got a 4.6/4.7 system I'd suggest having a look at OSS note 533819, which points to 426303, then 389613 (in particular the second symptom) and finally 256520.

If not the above, I'd suggest reporting it via OSS.

Cheers,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

That can be avoided by entering the batch in the delivery (on the line item w/out any split(S))) before t.o. creation.

It sounds like you allow multiple SU in the source pick bins? If that is the case it would explain the batch split since the T.O. is not updated with batch code until confirmation (and SU selection were multiple SU exist in bin) system will create a batch split even if only one batch is picked if it doesn't know what batch will be picked for existing T.o.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

Did you solve this issue? I'm facing the same thing.

Regards,

Dalmo Costa

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where do you do the batch determination? in the delivery, or in WM?

why do you have several TOs for the same delivery item?