cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM - DP Exchange Rates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know if DP applies the correct exchange rate based on the time period? We have time series data going back to 2005 so will the exchange rates from 2005 be applied when doing currency conversions in the data view or will it use the latest exchange rate by default?

If the historical exchange rate is not applied is there a way I can access the historical rate and apply it with a macro? I know there is a function CURR_CONV_FAC( ) but I'm not sure how to indicate the DATE parameter.

Thanks and regards,

Heidi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heidi.

You have the option of defining the exchange rate type used for the planning area when you create it (to apply it later you will have to delete the times series reset the exchange rate type and then create time series again).

This type refers to the exchange rate tables that work the same way as in ECC. The tables can be updated from the ECC tables using the standard RSIMPCURR program that be set to run regularly to keep it all in line.

Using this method, exchange rates have date validity, so if they are maintained with different rates for different periods this will apply in your planning area in conjunction with the bucket profile.

Hope this helps, Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Percx,

I am having the same kind of requirement,

I am using Global transfer from RSA1 to update exchange rate in APO tables on daily base.

But is there any way, that i can bring the exchange rate information to planning books and display it in a keyfigure?

I knew that we can load it to a info cube and load to plannign books, but any direct update we can make directly from table to planning books?

Thanks in advance

ARUN R Y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun.

Yes there is.

You could use the macro function CURR_CONV_FACTOR() to update an InfoObject with the conversion factor in regard to Source Curr. Target Curr. exchange rate type and date.

View the following help page for the required syntax for Link: [CURR_CONV_FACTOR()|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/1d/310eb3d0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/content.htm]

Hope that helps.

M

Answers (0)