cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive HTTP response

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is idoc->XI-HTTP , im trying to send xml document to HTTP server. currently i'm able to send the document however i'm not able to see to response payload for the request i send. Should i go for BPM? does HTTP adapter always treat request as Asynchronous in XI. I always see the following message in trace. I dont see payload for resposne, even if there is a failure i see only the below message in trace. any help will be greatly appreciated.

<Trace level="2" type="T">HTTP-Response :</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="T">Apple</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Code : 200</Trace>

<Trace level="2" type="T">Reason: Apple</Trace>

Trace level="3" type="T">Async processing: skip mapping of response</Trace>

Thanks!

Ganesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select Best Effort as the quality of service in your receiver adapter (HTTP).

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijayashankar,

I dont see any option in quality of service in HTTP receiver adapter. Can you explain a little in detail?

Thanks!

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesha

There is an option for QOS i.e Quality of service in your HTTP Client.

Please enter QOS as BEi.e Best Effort for getting HTTP response

Regards

Abhishek Mahajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Im using standard HTTP receiver adapter, and i dont see an option to enter the parameter for QOS expect for check box for QOS in HTTP receiver adapter. Please advise where i can select this.

Thanks!

Ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

As Abhishek has mentioned, the Quality of Service (QOS) should be selected as Best Effort (BE) in your HTTP Client and NOT in HTTP Receiver Adapter.

Regards,

Alka.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used BPM to resolve this issue, HTTP synchrnous communication allows response payload.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ganesh, the default behaviour of Idoc adapter is async and therefore the communication would remain EO. For a sync scenario, you must use BPM with the following steps:

1. Receive

2. Transform (optional)

3. Send sync (http)

4. Transform (optional)

5. Send async (idoc)

does HTTP adapter always treat request as Asynchronous in XI.

The type of communication depends upon sender. Http adapter can be used in both async and sync cases.

@VJ, Abhishek, Alka - receiver does not determine the QOS of message. It is sender who determines the QOS. So there shouldn't be any such setting in http channel.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I solved it through BPM, and it is working now. However thanks 4 all your responses and i have awarded points to everyone.

Thanks!

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Well you guys have went backward As

IDOC DOES NOT SUPPORT SYNCHRONOUS COMMUNICATION

it only supports EO and EOIO.

so there is no sense in waiting for response.

Thanks

Sunil Singh