cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Qualified Price Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SRM-MDM project requires a field for product prices. The field doesn't need to be a qualified lookup field since there are no price breaks for larger quantity ordering and the only currency is US dollars. Do I need to create a custom field or can I use a qualified lookup price field? I have tried to use a qualified lookup price field but the price is not coming into the data manager so I believe that I am not configuring something correctly. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rhonda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The reason u don't see the price in data manager initial screen is because u did not make it a display field, but you should be able to see it if u double click on the qualified record and then select the qualified link on the right hand list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using the existing price field, it was already set as a non display field. I would have had to have recreated the field to change it to display. When I click into the field in the data manager, there is no place to assign a price. I may not be using the right price field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do u mean Calculated field?

If Yes then u cant edit Calculated field in Data Manager.

Its value come automatically depending on Expression in Console.

If u dont have any calculation for ur price field, why don't u create simple field of type Currency?

Thanks,

Maheshwari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up using qualified pricing eventhough we didn't have the need for it but it resolved the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rhonda ,

Is the Custom Price field and the total price field that you have mentioned in your reply one and the same or are they differnt?

And how are you populating the Price/Total price field?

- If you are populating it through the MDM Data manager itself either by importing the value or adding it in the data manager then you should be able to view it.If its a Main table field then you will be able to view it. if its lookup field,then make it as dispaly field and if its a Qualifier field i do no think you can view it.

- If you are using calculation expression to populate this field value then as soon as you load your rep in MDM the price field will get its value based on your calculation expression that you have written and then same will be visible in SRM.

- If you are populating the price field through Assignments ,then firstly you will have to run the assignment in MDM and get that field value filled and then you can view the same value in SRM.

You can also refer the below links for futher help:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0102a91-bae4-2910-f298-acbae13e... Overview)

/people/vijayasarathy.raghunathan/blog/2007/09/05/previewing-srm-mdm-catalog-20(SRM-MDM)

Hope It Helped

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attempted to use a non qualified field that I created which shows up in the web catalog but when you look at the shopping basket in the price field (not the price of the item but the total price field) it isn't calculating the prices of the items in the basket. I have been importing my prices in the import manager and they are visable in the catalog. I assume that there is a way to modify the total price so that it includes my new field but I can't find any documentation on how to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Rhonda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rhonda,

In your scenario, is the price multivalued, meaning: would the price for the product/material vary according to any other attribute like quantity(as u already mentioned) , region etc etc?

If it does not and is always a single value then, yes, you can create a custom field of type currency.

let us know ur business scenario so that we can suggest a solution

-Sudhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a custom field for price because it will never change based on quantity ordered. The problem that I experienced was that the shopping cart total didn't update to show any pricing. I would like to use the custom field that I created since it is appearing and displaying price but I need to know how to get the total price to display the price of the items in the shopping cart.