cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guide me ABAP & mm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Every one,

Presently i am working as abaper since 2 years, now i am plaining to learn one functional module.

But i don't have any domain experience. I worked in logistics as abaper(so i know MM,SD&PP).

Shall i go for Netweaver like XI,EP,MDM,Webdynpro....

PLs suggest me....

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Jan 29, 2009 10:34 PM.

Moved to Suggestions and Comments

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its entirely depend upon your Interest and your previous ABAP domain.

If you were more invloved in the Implementation kind off stuff working closely with Functional Consultants then you can go ahead and learn MM...

If you were more involved in Core Technical like ALE/IDOC, BSP etc...then you can move towards Netweaver XI etc.....

Moving into Netweaver is more advisable becuase its a domian completely acquired by ABAP guys whereas you will only be able learn basics of MM as to be a Functional MM resource, you definitely need domain Experience.

So If you want yourself to be a position of Project Manager for SAP Projects in coming future then probably start learning the modules MM, SD, FI, PS, PM etc, for their Process Flow and Tables.............................and if you want yourself to be a Technical expert like solution architect then move towards New dimensional ABAP like netweaver....

So the choice is entirly yours............Both option are good and worth enough..its all depends upon your choice and liking.........