cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRTOOLS for Non-SAP Databases?

Former Member

I would like to know whether we can use BR*Tools for non-sap databases (i.e standalone oracle databases, uPerform databases, etc). Is this possible?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I would like to know whether we can use BR*Tools for non-sap databases (i.e standalone oracle databases, uPerform databases, etc). Is this possible?

Technically it is possible in certain given limits (e.g. database size cannot exceed 2GB etc...).

But anyhow: it's not allowed.

The BRTOOLS are just meant to serve for SAP systems.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 320457 "Installing BR tools on a non-ABAP database" mentions the steps for installing BR tools on "non-ABAP" databases. Does this technically cover non SAP databases (since they fall in the set of "non-ABAP" databases)?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Note 320457 "Installing BR tools on a non-ABAP database" mentions the steps for installing BR tools on "non-ABAP" databases. Does this technically cover non SAP databases (since they fall in the set of "non-ABAP" databases)?

Well, partly.

The note covers the necessary steps to setup the BRTOOLS for other SAP databases (e.g. pure J2EE installations, MDM systems, etc...) so that they work.

Still it's not allowed to use the BRTOOLS for non-SAP-databases.

This means in case something goes wrong with using the tools and you mess up your database by that - you get 0 (zero) support for that.

Moreover, the BRTOOLS do have quite some "SAP-Defaults" build in, e.g. how the paths do the data files are named and where to look them up.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lars.. 10 pts for you

Answers (0)