cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware for GRC 5.2 Access Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are going to have a proyect with GRC 5.2 Access Control (We dont use the GRC 5.3 because it's too soon to be 100% working).

We are going to install all the 4 elements of the GRC Access Control (CC, FF,RE & CE).

I have looking in the PAM of SAP about GRC 5.2 Access Control, the software it's not a problem, but I have found this for the requirements of the hardware...

Hardware Requirements

-

u2022 Machine = Server based

u2022 Dual Processors = 2.4u20133.2 GHz or faster

u2022 RAM = 4 GB

u2022 Hard Disk = 40 GB Minimum (120 GB Recommended)

Note: For hard disk capacity, 40 GB is adequate. However, depending on how many users and requests you process, SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 can consume 40 GB of storage in approximately one year. Once the drive is full, you need to either archive the data or migrate to a larger drive. For this reason, we recommend that you install SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 on a drive of at least 120 GB or larger.

I want to know if this is normal for a GRC 5.2.

Please I need help.

Thank you very much.

Best regards...

Pablo Mortera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another I want to know is, how many systems do we need if we have 3 SAP ECC 5.0 systems? Do we need 1, 2 or 3 GRC systems.

Best Regards...

Pablo Mortera.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Do you mean one landscape with three systemes (DEV, QAS, PRD)?

In that case SAP recommends two GRC systems. One for DEV\QAS and one for PRD.

Regards,

Vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

AC 5.3 release will have it's first anniversary in second half of 2009 and it is far better product than AC 5.2. Trust me, and go with AC 5.3, you won't be disappointed. Products in AC 5.2 are very restrictive and you will get frustrated with RE for sure.

The recommendations you provided came out of installation guide and other documents. These requirements are ok but I would not recommend you to go with them. Insted, it would be better to go through the sizing guiding and size your server accordingly.

SAP used to have AC 5.2 sizing guide but they have removed it from SMP as they have replaced it with sizing guide for AC 5.3. Here is the link to the guide:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000071612&_SCENARIO=011000358700000001...

If you still want to go with AC 5.2 then open a message with SAP and they can provide you. I even has that guide so if you want it, I can share it with you.

Regards,

Alpesh

SAP GRC Manager (PwC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While you could technically "run" a Java AS (and Access Control) on those specs, the system performance would be horrible, especially if you're running analyses on have a lot of users or have a lot of users accessing the system. The baseline of all of our servers is 2x3Ghz and 16GB RAM (our Access Control server has 32GB RAM) and while we could definitely run it on less, there's so many things that can go wrong on the software side--why throw hardware bottlenecks in the mix?

40GB hard drive space is probably adequate, but again, hardware is so cheap.