cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP-Interactive forms : Read-Only buttons upon runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm fairly new at this and probably for a good reason I can't find any information pertaining to this issue.

Using the embeded Adobe Lifecycle Designer within SAP using transaction SFP, I go to the layout tab and create a button. On this button a make a simple script that changes the caption.

On the PDF preview I can see that this works, though when I run the program using SE38 the button seems to be read-only and the cursor does not change nor is there any event that is triggered upon clicking.

From what I read this is a dynamic form since there are other tables created dynamically and filled with data upon runtime. I don't believe WebDynpro is involved considering I'm running it from the backend and the ABAP functions forward the parameters directly to this program.

Would anybody be able to tell me why the buttons are read-only at runtime and not in 'PDF Preview'?

Thanks a bunch,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By "dynamic", Adobe means the user may change the design by javascript (by clicking buttons, etc.). What you call "dynamic", do you mean data is only passed via parameters ? If yes, maybe you didn't call the function module with the /1BCDWB/DOCPARAMS-DYNAMIC parameter set to 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanda,

I set DYNAMIC to 'X' and when the form is generated the buttons are still deactivated.

Although, when I also set the FILLABLE parameter to 'N' a warning message appears telling the user that the form cannot be saved and then the buttons are clickable (and button event scripts are working).

A problem here is that the form needs to be saved, is there a nice way to disable this error and allow the user to save the PDF?

I also noticed another issue; Upon form load some tables are populated, depending on what certain data is, some images are changed via JavaScript. With these current parameters this script seems to not be working. The data has not changed and if I turn off the dynamic/fillable parameters, the script works again, any ideas?

Thanks! I'm almost there!

Scott Renaud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Check whether your form is dynamic or not. Go to Layout tab of life cycle designer from sfp,

Edit->Form Properties->Defaults Tab under this select preview type as Interactive Form and for XDP Preview Format select Acrobat 7.0.5 Dynamic PDF.

and also

from Tools tab->Document Handling-> default file type select Acrobat 7.0.5 Dynamic PDF.

I think it should solve our problem.

Regards,

Ravi

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi.. I am also facing same problem

In edit tab, I have made it to Interactive forms. But I did not get what you are mentioning below

Tools tab->Document Handling-> default file type select Acrobat 7.0.5 Dynamic PDF.

I cannot find anything like Document handling in livecycle designer Tools tab, what I can see is

Customize

Options

Import

THere is no other option there...

Request your input on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash,

sorry. under tools ->options->document handling

Regards,

Ravi.D

aakash_neelaperumal2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi thanks,,,, but please bear with me.. I cannot find such an option in the Options... I am using livecycle designer 6.0.. What version are you using.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im using Adobe Designer 7.1

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

I really don't understand what happens with your form. I'm using FormDesigner 7.1 and adobe reader 8.1.3, it works very well.

You must use FILLABLE='X' to enable user to enter and save via adobe reader (cf [sap library|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/44/a36a5cdee42aabe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm]).

Did you check the button default attributes ? (maybe it is disabled by default)

Other possibilities : re-install usage rights on the server (my admin had problems with that, happened twice), check adobe reader version, check oss notes, ...

sandra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you give us a little feedback about what was the problem, how you solved it ? Thx