cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System allows for closed WBS to be assigned on sales order!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a WBS that has user status of 'Closed', however the system still alows a user to assign on that sales order that closed WBS element.

How can I make the system NOT allow a user to assign a closed WBS on a sales order?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to select business transaction called 'Sales document' and make it forbidden. Then it works fine.

Thanks

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It 's good sign that after solution of your problem you have shared the same with forum.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

No worries Nitin.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Generally when you set System Status to Closed for WBS,

then it gets effected automatically as it is set by SAP itself.

i.e you will not be able to use the WBS.

But if you want it as user status for closed then

in Transaction OK02 for particular user status profile for user status CLSD(closed)

scroll to option 'Complete' and select Radio button as 'Set'.

This will change the system status to CLSD automatically after setting user status to CLSD.

This will solve yor requirement.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ok, I just tried to select business txn Assign order/WBS, flagged 'Forbidden. But it still allowed the user to assign that WBS to a sales order.

Do I still need to select business transaction 'Complete' and flag the 'SET' radio button, to prevent the WBS from being assigned to sales order? Or should forbidding Assignment Order/WBS be enough?

Look forward to your responses.

Thanks

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Jan 30, 2009 9:52 AM

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Jan 30, 2009 9:59 AM

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Jan 30, 2009 1:08 PM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check with this business txn. Acct. assignment order/project set this as forbidden. and check weather sys allow you to assign WBS to sales order,

If this is not working out than you can go as the solution provided by Nitin, as per it will finally set the system status close, so you may not able to does any other activities on that perticular WBS.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

So far it's still not working.

But just to be clear, here's what I have so far in OK02.

For User Status "CLSD":

Business transactions:

1) Acct. assignment order/project.

-Radio button 'Forbidden' is flagged.

2) Assignment order/WBS.

-Radio button 'Forbidden' is flagged

3) Complete.

- Radio buttons 'Forbidden' is flagged, and so is 'Set' if flagged too. Is the combination of 'Forbidden' and 'Set' correct? or should it be a combination of 'Allowed' and 'Set'?

Thats all I have.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Edited by: Ehab Mansour on Feb 2, 2009 1:37 PM

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you told first two is not working out than for the 3rd it should be allowed and set.

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

Thanks for your help, but I managed to solve it.

There is a business transaction called 'Sales document', this was the one I needed to make forbidden.

It worked after I did that.

Thanks again.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you told user status is closed. It is based on your user status profile config. for the user status Close. you need to make business txn Assignment order/WBS as forbidden.

than after it will not allow to asssign sales order in Close status.

The same you can achieve in OK02.

If System status is Closed in that case you will not able to assign the sales order to it.

Regards

Nitin