Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password for Newly created client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am having a problem in logging into newly created client viz

I have logged on to 000 client, entered tx code SCC4 made new entry as 800 client and gave relevant details and saved it.

Now i am unable to log in to 800 client (as i need to perform local client copy)with sap* and password as pass its saying name or password is incorrect.

I tried all the possibilities like entering the password 19920706 and 06071992.Also i tried to change it through sql but unable to go ahead.

Pls suggest me the solution so that i can perform client copy.

Waiting anxiously for the reply

Thanks in Advance

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to change paremeter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to 0 and the logon with password pass.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the reply,When i go to transaction RZ11 and select the profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar its only display mode where i am seeing the default value as 1 but not able to change it.

Pls suggest me the necessary action.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

I would try it with RZ10 if I were you. Also, press copy first and then go to edit mode to change the value.

Please mark the question as answered if my or others' post solved your question

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera

Surely i will do that, when i go to tx code RZ10 and select instance profile and as you mentioned copy it to test profile and change it,it says "id3tdc00_ID3_50 is not active-action cannot be executed".Hence i am unable to go ahead.

Pls suggest the necessary action.

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

The following is one of the general post intstall steps:

Load the initial instance profiles once atleast? RZ10->Utilities->Import Profiles->Of active servers and then activated all of them?

Edit:

By the way just try putting the value 0 before pressing copy when you are adding a new parameter to one of your 3 main profiles (Default/Instance/Start). Try to go back to previous screen, which prompts you to save. Save the entries, save and activate the profile you edited. Restart the SAP instance / server through MMC.

Regards,

Veera

Edited by: Veeraraagavan R on Jan 30, 2009 8:53 AM

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RZ11 is only to change dynamic parameters, please use RZ10 to change the parameter and then restart the system

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

It was the problem with profile activation,as i activated the profile i was able to change the instance profile parameter and added the parameter login/no_user_sapstar and set the value as 0.Later i saved the profile and restarted the instance thats it,it started working.I was able to login to the new client which was created.

Thanks to all of you for giving your suggestions especially to Veera.

Thanks once again

Mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh K ,

deleate the user from sql and please try with password in capital i.e., PASS it works....

Regards,

S.Manu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deleate the user from sql and please try with password in capital i.e., PASS it works....

Why will he delete the user in a newly created client?..

Juan

manu_susankar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

If user is locked with several attempts .... it would again create the user sap* I guess it is better to do this step...

Mahesh K

please try with the PASS first.....

Regards,

S.Manu.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as i can see user is not locked.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos