Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkToURL

former_member192766
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using the LinkToURL element to send email to a user in a Web Dynpro Application. This is working fine.

I have now a requirement to send emails to a group of users.

I am trying to use the LinkToURL element to send emails to multiple users, the LinkToURL is mapped to an attribute in the Context Node and my problem is that I am not able to get all the emails. I am just getting the first email in the LinkToURL.

If I map the attribute to a table I have multiple emails there.

Please help or let me know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Taibi,

With link to URL UI element you will have to generate the URL Link before hand. ie at rendering time the link will have to be constructed. I believe that you are using mailto syntax for sending mail. You will have to construct the URL will all the recipients.Since LinktoURL can accept only one source, mapping the LinkToURL to an attribute will only take the first element. What you have to do is in your wdDoModify first time you can construct the mailto URL string that has all the recipients and then set it to the LinkToURL. You can search google on how to create a mailto URL with multiple recipients.

If you don't have all the email addresses at rendering time you can use LinkToAction UI Element which will run your code when you click it. LinkToURL is a client side event, no round trip will happen.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,

Sanyev

Answers (0)