cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Question Regarding Setup of SOLMAN and Maint. Optimizer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please bear with me as I am new to BASIS and don't have a consultant to consult and previous BASIS team/implementation members were long gone before I arrived on the scene....

Here's the scenario...We have a solution manager box with clients 000,001,066, and 400. 400 is the client we would like to use for the majority of solution manager functions....

My main questions are:

When going through the Solution Manager Setup of Basic Settings in the IMG should I be in client 000 or 400? I used the SAP Tutor, but it is confusing to me as they seem to be flipping back and forth between two entirely different systems for the setup.

In addition, if I'm going to actually use Maintenence Optimizer, when I create a new maintenence transaction to obtain updates, etc., should I be in client 000 or client 400????

Sorry, but each note and configuration guide I reference doesn't give me this information....

I'm generally confused about where I need to be doing what....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Client 000 is the standard delivery client and must not be changed. This is not Solution Manager specific but valid for all ABAP based SAP systems.

Client 001 is the default client in SolMan that has some users already and that's where the Java instance is connected to.

If you chose to use client 400 you will do all the configuration stuff in that client - so also the configuration for the Maintenance Optimizer.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I was confused because I was going through the process of creating a new maintenence transaction in our client 400 when I received the error that there is no active iBase, so I then looked at note 1030498 where it mentions going to transaction IB52 to determine whether or not there is an iBase. There wasn't one listed, but when I look in client 000 the Solution Manager iBase is active which made me question whether or not I should be using Maintenence Optimizer in client 000 vs. 400....

I also thought 400 was wrong because I get an ABAP dump when trying to create the new iBase in transaction iB51...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, answers my question. After implementing some fixes, I'm able to obtain updates in Maint. Optimizer.