Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browsing through folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am referring to this thread:

I want to create web page that will allow user to browse through folders for files (graphic files) and will allow the user to display files. And I am lacking on browsing web folders. How can I get XacuteTester (if possible) or how browse through folders on MII server (v.12.0.2)?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Mateusz.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

I believe you can use this URL in an XML Loader action in Business Logic Services to obtain a list of the Projects and their subfolders:

http://<servername>:<port>/XMII/Illuminator?Mode=TransactionFolderList&Server=XacuteConnector&Connec...

You can put this into an iBrowser (tree view). Once the user selects a folder, you could call a transaction that uses a Get File List action get the list of the selected folder's files.

Hope this is helpful!

Kind Regards,

Diana Hoppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

I pasted this url to the browser and got xml, but when I put into XML Loader I got error:

[ERROR]: Cannot perform action on XML document The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed.

Regards,

Mateusz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

Did you put in the login credentials in the configuration? I find if I don't put in credentials I get the same error as you.

Conversely, you could do an XMLQuery using the same URL. Then, in the transaction, use the XML Query action and configure it with the XMLQuery.

One of these ways should work.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diana,

you're right I didin't put login credentials.

But I have another problem... I see only folders under Default project I don't see rest of the projects folders/subfolders.

Regards,

Mateusz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mateusz,

I want to apologize, after experimenting, I realize that URL call only brings back the folder list from the Catalog tab. Plus, in order to build the iBrower, you really only had to do an XacuteQuery with Mode=TransactionFolderList and then save the query (no transaction necessary for this part).

If I come across a way to pull the Folder List from the Web tab, I will let you know.

Kind Regards,

Diana

Answers (0)